(In The Life Of The Church)
Working @ UBC by Taylor Post
I’ve been working at UBC for almost two months now (or 7.5 weeks or 54 days - whichever unit of measurement you prefer) and there are a few things I’ve learned during that time that I would like to share with all of you. Here we go:
- UBC has the cutest, smartest, best kids in all of Waco and probably all of the world (this is my opinion but it is also a fact)
- Having an office upstairs means that I get a lot of uninterrupted work time - which is good because I’m easily distracted (also – my office is upstairs! Come visit me anytime!)
- Nintendo’s respond best to their owners – like how your dog comes when you call it’s name
- The person on staff most likely to tell you how it is (but in a kind way) is Jamie (this is a trait I value very much and I’m jealous of Jamie for possessing it)
- The person on staff most likely to ask you thoughtful questions that make you stop and think really hard is Toph
- The person on staff most likely to engage you in fun and meaningful conversation is Josh
- The person on staff most likely to check on you and make sure that you’re doing alright is Amy
- My favorite person to work with on staff is…yeah right, like I’d really choose a favorite. (Or if I did like I’d let anyone know!!)
- UBC Kids volunteers are some of the most dedicated people I’ve ever met – I am so thankful for volunteers who love our kids well and are passionate about teaching kids about who God is and how God loves them
- The lectionary text for this week is about Thomas (you know Thomas, the one that doubts things) – and I’ve been thinking all week about how lucky I am to be at a place that doesn’t think of doubt as a dirty word. A place where I can encourage kids to ask questions and assure them that God is big enough for them to have doubts
- I will NEVER get tired of meeting sweet new babies!!
- The person on staff most likely to make fun of the Enneagram is (basically anyone that’s not me or Josh, but especially) Toph
- Josh can load and unload coffee mugs into the dishwasher at an intimidatingly fast pace
- “It ALWAYS works out!” This is one of the things Emily (Nance) told me my first week on the job and she’s yet to be wrong. No matter how crazy things are looking on Wednesday or Thursday by Sunday morning everything has always settled down
“It ALWAYS works out” has proven to be a pretty good mantra for me over the past few weeks. Although “Love God, embrace beauty, and live life to the fullest” will work in a pinch too. So, I’ve learned a lot in my first (almost) two months at UBC, but there is certainly a lot more left to learn. And I’m looking forward to learning it.
If you are graduating anytime in 2017, we would like to invite you to stay for lunch after church on April 30th. The lunch is for those graduating hs, college, grad school, or phd. There will be a sign up sheet in the foyer on Sunday. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
UBC is now accepting applications for the pastoral associate program. You can read more about the program and find the information needed to apply by clicking here.
The Middle Ages
The Middle Ages are going to the Baylor pla , Noises Off, on Saturday, April 29. Stan Denman is directing and says it’s HILARIOUS. UBC group tickets must be purchased by the 19th by calling the box office 710-1865. For more information on the event email Jeff_Walter@baylor.edu.
Work is Worship
Coffee Makers: Moshers
Money Counter: Hannah K
- Sunday Sermon:
- April 30th - Mr. Rogers Sunday
- April 30th - Graduate Luncheon
- May 2nd - Study Hall
- May 5th - Rend Collective @ UBC
Do you have an emergency and need to talk to a pastor?
254 413 2611
If you have a concern or an idea for UBC that you’d like to share with someone that is not on staff, feel free to contact one of our leadership team members.
Chair- Jon Davis: firstname.lastname@example.org
Byron Griffin: email@example.com
Stan Denman: Stan_Denman@baylor.edu
Adam Winn: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bridget Heins: email@example.com
Sharyl Loeung: firstname.lastname@example.org
Emma Wood: email@example.com
Student Position: Samuel Moore: firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Position: Leah Reed: Leah_Reed@baylor.edu
UBC Finance Team
Do you have a question about UBC’s financial affairs? Please feel free to contact any of your finance team members.
Josh McCormick: Josh.McCormick@dwyergroup.com
Hannah Kuhl: HannahKuhl@hotmail.com
Justin Pond: email@example.com
Anna Tilson: Anna_Tilson@jrbt.com
Doug McNamee: firstname.lastname@example.org
UBC HR Team
If you have concerns about staff and would like contact our human resources team, please feel free to email any of the following members.
Maxcey Blaylock: email@example.com
Mathew Crawford: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rob Engblom: Rob_Engblom@baylor.edu
Ross Van Dyke: Ross_Vandyke@baylor.edu
Jared Gould: email@example.com